No doubt you have heard of fifth generation wireless technology, or 5G as it’s known. 5G is engineered to increase speed and efficiency of wireless communication.
But as technology advances, the health risks get worse.
Scientists are now raising serious concerns about the potential biological damage this next generation wireless technology may have on health.
The 5G grid communicates through millimeter waves (MMWs), rather than microwaves.
According to Dr Joel Moskowitz, a public health professor at the University of California, Berkeley, MMWs could pose a very real danger.
Dr. Moskowitz warns that ‘the deployment of 5G, or fifth generation cellular technology, constitutes a massive experiment on the health of all species’.
Is The Roll Out of 5G A Massive Health Experiment?
Facts Dr Moskowitz would like us to consider:
- Because MMWs are weaker than microwaves, they are predominantly absorbed by the skin, meaning their distribution is quite focused there.
- Since skin contains capillaries and nerve endings, the MMW bio-effects may be transmitted through molecular mechanisms by the skin or through the nervous system.
- 5G will use high-band frequencies, or millimeter waves, that may affect the eyes, the testes, the skin, the peripheral nervous system, and sweat glands.
- Millimeter waves can also make some pathogens resistant to antibiotics.
Dr Moskowitz is not alone in apprehensions.
The International Society of Doctors for the Environment, its subsidiaries in 27 countries and more than 200 doctors and scientists are all calling for a stop to be put to the roll out of 5G. This is ‘due to concern that 5G radio frequency radiation will have adverse health effects,’ Dr Moskowitz says.
So far, their warnings have gone unheeded.
Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) and Your Health
Serious health concerns have dogged the telcos since the first brick-sized phones hit the market back in the 80s.
Now we are seeing renewed concerns regarding 5G technology.
Even so, the rollout of the new 5G network is going full steam ahead. This is despite grass root community protests, and legitimate concerns that 5G may be a massive health experiment.
Are you noticing many more mobile phone towers in your area?
5G may be faster, but this high-frequency signal is weaker. It’s the reason why smaller wireless transmitters are being installed close to where we live and work.
What To Do If You Are Concerned About The Harmful Effects Of EMF Exposure
Are you worried about the potential harmful effects of EMF exposure? Do you suspect you may already be suffering with electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS)? If so, I suggest you do research on testing, then mitigating the negative effects of EMFs in your environment.
We can’t avoid harmful EMFs completely as we are surrounded by them, unless you are living off-grid in a remote wilderness. The key message from leading EMF experts…’test and mitigate’.
Story source: The roll out of 5G wireless service is ‘a massive health experiment,’ public health expert warns as cell companies install 800,000 towers across the US. Story published 30 May 2018 on Daily Mail Online.
Albi E, Cataldi S, Lazzarini A, et al. Radiation and Thyroid Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2017 Apr 26;18(5).
Asl JF, Larijani B, Zakerkish M, et al. The possible global hazard of cell phone radiation on thyroid cells and hormones: a systematic review of evidences. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2019 Jun;26(18):18017-18031.
Baby NM, Koshy G, Mathew A. The Effect of Electromagnetic Radiation due to Mobile Phone Use on Thyroid Function in Medical Students Studying in a Medical College in South India. Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2017;21(6):797-802.
Bandara P, Carpenter DO. Planetary electromagnetic pollution: it is time to assess its impact. Lancet Planet Health. 2018 Dec;2(12):e512-e514.
Belyaev I, Dean A, Eger H, et al. EUROPAEM EMF Guideline 2016 for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of EMF-related health problems and illnesses. Rev Environ Health. 2016 Sep 1;31(3):363-97
International Geo-Safe Institute. Germany. Link
Johansson O. Disturbance of the immune system by electromagnetic fields-A potentially underlying cause for cellular damage and tissue repair reduction which could lead to disease and impairment. Pathophysiology. 2009 Aug;16(2-3):157-77
Mortavazi S, Habib A, Ganj-Karami A, Samimi-Doost R, Pour-Abedi A, Babaie A. Alterations in TSH and Thyroid Hormones following Mobile Phone Use. Oman Medical Journal. 2009;24(4):274-278.
Rajkovic V, Matavulj M, Johansson O. Light and electron microscopic study of the thyroid gland in rats exposed to power-frequency electromagnetic fields. J Exp Biol. 2006 Sep;209. Link
Schmidt, C. New Studies Link Cell Phone Radiation with Cancer. Mar 29, 2018. Link
Sinha RK. Chronic non-thermal exposure of modulated 2450 MHz Microwave radiation alters thyroid hormones and behavior of male rats. Int J Radiat Biol 2008; 84: 505–13.
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). Cell Phones. https://www.niehs.nih.gov/health/topics/agents/emf/. Reviewed August 28, 2017. Link
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS). Electric & Magnetic Fields. Reviewed March 22, 2018. Link
World Health Organisation (WHO). Electromagnetic fields (EMF). Link
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN…
- Here’s What You Need To Know About Thyroid Health IssuesYou may already be aware thyroid health issues take a serious toll on your health. The small butterfly-shaped thyroid may be small…BUT the hormones it produces have a powerful influence on your entire body. When there is too little thyroid…
- The Link Between Environmental Chemicals and Thyroid FunctionIt’s true, we’re surrounded by more toxins than ever before. And that’s a concern as there is a definite link between environmental chemicals and thyroid function. In effect, daily exposure to harmful environmental chemicals is a serious threat to thyroid…
- Three Posts That Shine The Spotlight On The Thyroid-Heart Health ConnectionDid you know the thyroid hormones play a direct role in heart health? This is a vital thyroid-heart health connection you need to know about! Hypothyroidism can give rise to cardiovascular symptoms such as bradycardia (slow pulse rate), elevated cholesterol…
- The Worrying Link Between Environmental Chemicals And Thyroid FunctionAre you concerned chemicals in your environment may be harming your thyroid? This article looks at the worrying link between environmental chemicals and thyroid function. FACT: Studies show the thyroid is extremely vulnerable to the effects of hazardous environmental chemicals.…