The good news is, there are lots of things you can do to naturally support thyroid wellbeing and live a healthier life. This article explores important steps you can take for treating hypothyroidism naturally.
5 Self-Care Practices For Treating Hypothyroidism Naturally
Imagine feeling better, and getting back to being the energetic and fun loving person you once were? Here’s five self-care practices you can adopt straight away to help transform your thyroid health.
1. Make REAL food your medicine.
There’s an epidemic of thyroid-related disorders and I believe that for the most part this is attributed to the radical shift in the way we eat due to industrialization of our food supply. For this reason, it’s more important than ever to get properly educated on the best foods to eat for thyroid health.
2. Take nutritional supplements to support optimal thyroid function.
The best thyroid health supplements provide a comprehensive blend of vitamins and minerals that work synergistically to support healthy thyroid function.
3. Manage your stress levels to help maintain an optimistic mindset.
If you are living with hypothyroidism and struggling with mood changes you will want to read more about the important thyroid-emotional link here: The Surprising Ways Thyroid Hormones Affect Your Mood.
4. Reduce exposure to toxic thyroid disrupting chemicals.
Across all life stages thyroid-disrupting chemicals (TDCs) have adverse health effects because they interfere with the finely tuned thyroid hormone system. I list the worst offenders here and most importantly how to avoid them here: Environmental Alert: How To Protect Your Thyroid From Toxins.
5. Keep your body moving with regular physical activity.
From a natural health perspective how you eat, move and live lays the foundation for optimal health. Some type of daily exercise is ideal to boost sluggish metabolism. Be aware overtraining can be detrimental to thyroid health.
It’s true. Getting your health back on track is no easy task but the best place to start is with YOU! An effective natural approach incorporates eating a nutritious diet, supplementing with thyroid specific nutrients, switching to a thyroid supporting lifestyle, and making use of the most appropriate medical intervention such as thyroid hormone replacement.
YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN…
- The Important Link Between Hypothyroidism and DepressionFeeling sad from time to time is a normal reaction to the challenges of everyday life. In fact, it’s unrealistic to expect to feel 100% happy all the time. However, bouts of feeling sad and depression are not the same.…
- Best Foods to Eat For Thyroid Health: A Naturopathic PerspectiveWhen you eat more nutrient-dense foods and restore depleted nutrients you give your body the chance to heal from the inside out. This blog post looks at the best foods to eat for thyroid health. What Are The Best Foods…